Merry Christmas everyone! If anyone needed an extra quick recipe in their arsenal for this week here are two!
Baked Carrot Oven French Fries
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp sea salt
- Cut each carrot into 2-inch long sections
- Cut sections into thinner sticks or “fries”
- In a large bowl toss carrot sticks with oil and salt
- Spread paper out on cookie sheet
- Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes until carrots are browned
Yummy Bean Chili
1 1⁄2 tbsp. cumin
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 white or red onion, cut into small pieces
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. cayenne
1 zucchini, diced
1⁄2 cup chopped sweet or white potato
Two cans of organic black beans, rinsed
One can of organic kidney or garbanzo beans, rinsed
One 14-ounce can of crushed organic tomatoes
2 cups water
2 tablespoons grade b maple syrup
1-teaspoon sea salt
1⁄2 bunch of fresh cilantro
1 cup kale or spinach, chopped
Diced avocado (optional)
Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Put coconut oil, onion, and garlic, in a pan to heat. Stir consistently until the onion is golden and translucent.
- Add in cayenne, zucchini, and potato, and stir well. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often so nothing burns.
- Add in beans, tomatoes, water, maple syrup, sea salt, and cilantro. Cover with a lid, reduce heat to low. Cook on low for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Turn off heat and put the kale in. Stir gently.
- Serve hot in bowls over brown rice, quinoa or sautéed greens. Garnish with diced avocado and a handful of cilantro.