1 cup maple syrup
1 ¼ cups coconut cream (not coconut milk)
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
apples, sliced, for dipping
- Heat maple syrup in a saucepan until tiny bubbles form around the edges –a very low simmer.
- Continue heating maple syrup this way for 5 minutes. (Reduces the water content.)
- Add cream and salt, then bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to an active simmer.
- Continue to simmer actively for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat when the caramel reaches a darker nutty color.
- Place saucepan in a large bowl of ice water to cool and thicken caramel.
- Dip apples and enjoy!