1. Treat calories as if there was a budget. When I see people eat a treat to forgo “real food” and then hear a comment about skipping the next meal, I want to reach out and shake them! There is no budget for calories. There is no way to forsake a meal, eat junk and expect it to all even out. Treats are treats. Either they create inflammation or not. Not eating the next meal has no effect on the junk you just ate.
2. Restrict. Eating “smaller portions” of foods that create imbalances won’t get you to weight loss. When someone tells you to “go get a smaller plate” just run. For most of us, restricting just leads to overeating. Let’s just tell the truth.
3. Drink diet drinks and create inflammatory responses. Diet sodas have an effect on the body. The salt and fake sweeteners leave you bloated and with weight gain. Saccharin creates cravings! Don’t want to believe me? Try dieting another 3 years and see how much weight you lose chugging the diet drinks.
4. Look at calories rather than physical responses. When one eats a bar, diet drink, diet food or other product that is believed to be “low calorie,” the body responds with an inflammatory response. That response leaves you with possible weight gain, bloated belly, fluid retention and hunger!!!
5. Believe in magic. Going to a nutritionist and not changing your habits will not lead to health. In other words, a session with me is not going to create weight loss. You will create weight loss, not me.
6. Still eat dairy, gluten sugar, red meat, white refined flour products. No matter how little the portion is, the body’s response will still leave you with inflammation and cravings.
7. Stay away from fruit. Our bodies are designed to want sweet. If you don’t have it in fruit, you will have it in other ways that hurt. Even those that tell me they are not craving sweet and sugar, still really crave sweet and sugar. Protein bars, diet sodas, potatoes, chips, cereals, salted popcorn…. all turn to sugar in the body.
If you sit back and really pay attention, you can see which one of these are true for you. Tune in, see when your pants are tight, your rings don’t “spin,” you wake with puffy eyes and/or other physical reactions your body has and try to change what you are doing. You will achieve weight loss quicker!
You are NOT alone! We can do this together. Contact me today and let’s set up a nutrition plan that really works for YOU.