Are you ready to make your life more vibrant and healthful? YES! The transition to a healthier lifestyle can sometimes be daunting. Cooking and preparing are meant to be fulfilling and fun. Here’s an idea for a simple recipe makeover that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser! It’s fun to experiment with recipes and figure out what works for you and your family.
Combine in a large bowl
• 2 large chopped 2 tomatoes
• 2 ears of corn – corn removed (this can be either steamed, used frozen corn or raw)
• 1 bunch of cilantro – chopped fine
• juice of one lemon
• 1 tsp sea salt
• pinch of organic cayenne
• 1/2 tsp chili powder
Mix well and set aside
In a hot sauté pan add
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 onion – chopped fine
• 1 green, red or yellow pepper – chopped
• pinch of salt
Stir until onions become translucent.
Combine this mixture with raw vegetables.
1. Place Bibb lettuce in organic corn tortilla shells
2. Top with vegetable mixture
Serve with a side of salsa and consider topping with a scoop of guacamole.
Interested in more delicious, easy, family friendly vegan recipes? Check out “Balanced Bodies: Vegan Cookbook” – http://www.blurb.com/b/6978439-balanced-bodies-vegan-cookbook (PSSST – there’s a 15-page free preview!)