These little beauties are packed with yumminess, protein, and superfoods. They are great on a trip or as a pretty dessert option. You can roll them in different ingredients to create different colors and “effects.”
12 Pitted dates (soaked in a bit of water for 30 minutes)
1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight and rinsed)
1/4 cup water
2 tbs chia seeds
3 tbs @Sunwarrior protein powder (This is a raw organic powder)
4 tbsp raw cocoa powder
pinch of sea salt
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup of rolled oats
1. In a food processor place dates, cashews, water, chia, protein powder, cocoa, and salt.
2. Mix until it becomes a thick paste.
3. Place cocoa powder, rolled oats, and sesame seeds into separate and shallow dishes.
4. Wet hands. Grab small chunks of paste with a tablespoon and roll in hands to form balls.
5. Roll balls in cocoa powder or sesame seeds.
Substitute vanilla Sunwarrior Protein Powder instead of chocolate
Add cinnamon to ingredients
Add vanilla powder to ingredients
Coat the balls in coconut flakes
Interested in more delicious vegan recipes? Check out “Balanced Bodies: Vegan Cookbook” http://www.blurb.com/b/6978439-balanced-bodies-vegan-cookbook