Sometimes it is hard to adopt new habits. Sometimes it is even harder to know where to begin. As a wellness coach, I go with the easiest habit to adopt first. As my client has a base and more success, we can slowly implement more difficult habits.
So, as you go through this list, pick out those that you do and scratch them off. Then, go through the ones that seem like they are your next step. The “Low hanging fruit.” Pick out 1, and see if within the next 7 days you can try it. Decide if it is a daily or a weekly thing to do. Actually, put it on your calendar. Give this a bit of time to settle in. Grab the next one and do the same thing.
Now, while this is going on, look at the list and pick something that is a bit further out of reach. Something you have wanted to do, but have found more challenging. Write that on a separate piece of paper and tape it to your mirror. Start playing with that one in your mind. Buy what you need to be doing it. Let it sink in. Then, finally, make the leap and do it.
I find that incremental steps towards a wellness program are more effective than huge leaps for most people. Deciding to do something and sitting with it for a while, just playing with the idea might avoid the slingshot effect that happens later. Think about it. Where do you want to be in 6 months? What are the goals you had set in December? What do you want to change? How badly?
Here is a list of habits you can incorporate to “up” your wellness. Try them on, consider them. You will never, ever regret that you did.
1. Start your day with warm lemon water and yerba mate.
2. Dry brush before a shower.
3. Eat at least one whole meal that contains only produce.
4. Eat fruit for breakfast.
5. Take probiotics and digestive enzymes.
6. Have a green smoothie 3x a week.
7. Practice yoga.
8. Eat at least 5 dinners at home.
9. Start bringing your lunch to work.
10. Always carry snacks.
11. Replace the white salt in your home with sea salt.
12. Replace the vinegar in your home with Apple Cider vinegar
13. Replace the soy sauce in your home with Bragg’s Amino Acids.
14. Replace any degraded oil in your home with organic unheated and unprocessed oil.
15. Eat raw greens (salads, veggies or in smoothies) 1 time per day.
16. Figure out healthy and yummy snacks like mochi to replace unhealthy and bagged snacks.
17. At least once a week, make a meal that can be frozen for another time like chili, soup or bean stew.
We are in this together. Contact me and let’s set up a Skype consultation to help get YOU back on track!