When I opened my emails this morning, I had dozens, yes dozens, of offers from different coaches offering discounts, sales and advice. It exhausted me. Being bombarded like that is such an assault. I get it though…. it’s the new year, get it while it’s hot.
If most people avoid self care during the year, certainly this is the one time of the year to inspire right?
How about a different approach? A quieter one? One that is made in the darkness of morning, when things are calm. How about something like making small steps every day to be happier, more connected to spirit and taking little actions every day that are in line with your goals. How about that?
I have been in another country for a little less than two weeks. In that time, I was often out of choice with my food plan. In other words, I ate foods I wouldn’t normally eat. Also, my hours of sleep were interrupted and forget about yoga or rebounding. What I replaced it with was time with my family. I watched my daughter have an incredible right of passage, I walked through ancient streets and I built community where I had no idea there was even a possibility.
So, was it worth it? Damn straight.
Now, I will be returning in less than an ideal physical shape. Not only have I been diagnosed with Epstein Barr and possible mold toxicity, but also have the MTHR gene. So, I can only imagine how this is going to slam me when I start to go back to my life.
I wanted to share with you what I will be doing in the hopes of giving some others ideas. Take from this what you will. Don’t feel pressure or the need to do all that I am doing.
- I will eat mostly raw fruits and vegetables with some raw nuts and seeds.
2. I will focus on greens which some are now calling a food group all on their own. I will mix water with green powders to get in some extra servings.
3. I will be drinking tons of water, water and water.
4. Castor oil packs, dry skin brushing, and coconut oil for my skin.
5. Add in some steamed veggies or veggie soup at lunch or dinner when I am unsatisfied.
6. Attend hot yoga classes and rebound.
7. Up early to meditate, journal and do some inspiring reading.
8. Stay connected to the new community I have developed and new spiritual ideals that have been reawakened inside of me.
How about you? What quiet ways will you decide to improve this year?