I had a full day yesterday so I knew there would be little time to make a dinner. Before I left, while all the morning crazies were going on, I washed, scrubbed, cut and prepped these sweet potatoes on the “magic pan.” When I got home in the afternoon, just had to pop them in the oven.
• Wash a whole bag of veggies at a time. Wash and prep a whole bag of celery, potatoes, broccoli, carrots….. Put what you won’t use that day in a zip lock in the frig for another day. This is a huge time saver.
• Have tools that work!! Make sure your knives are sharpened, your cutting board is huge and your sink doesn’t have dirty dishes in it. Pictured here is my “magic pan.” I call it that because anything I put on top turns out amazing. It is a clay wear pan from pampered chef. I have about 10 of these in all different shapes and sizes. If you need one, email email@example.com for more info.
• Don’t wait until 5pm to make dinner. Always have things in the pipeline so that mealtime isn’t a 2 hour ordeal. If I have 15 minutes in the morning, I will start the prep. I make salads for 2-3 days at a time. Veggies are washed and chopped in the frog.
• Have quick go-to veggies. I have a cast iron wok on my stovetop. It lives there all the time. I can throw a large array of veggies is there to make a great dish.
• Don’t force a vegetable!!! If you don’t like a vegetable, don’t eat it!!! So many times, a client will come into my office and tell me that they can’t do this lifestyle because they don’t like two vegetables! Really?!?! There are hundreds of others. Eat foods that fast good to you. No reason to force anything! And, listen up parents, this goes for the kids too. The easiest way to turn these kids off to whole real foods is to force them.
• Add a juice or smoothie into your daily routine. Find a great place likePlantbar Powered By Zia’s at Belvedere Market or bring a mini blender to work. Make at least one meal or snack nutrient dense and packed with fruits and vegetables. Getting that infusion of pure produce will help you see the VALUE in this way of life. But – make it easy!!! If you can’t juice, buy it! If you don’t have time in the morning, bring a blender to work. Try and figure out ways to make this work for you.
Please contact me if you need more guidance or ideas. I am a crazy, busy, working mom. I am on a few boards and have a large family. Through the years I have found tips and tricks to make all of this work and am always up for sharing.