So, the craziness is about to begin. Parties, less sleep, extensive spending, sugar abounding, reasons to go off your normal program…. blah, blah… We all know what’s coming, right?
Wouldn’t it be amazing if on January 1st, you had not gained weight? What if you didn’t overspend? What if you felt great and finally settled into an eating program that works for you?
Treat these next few weeks as if January 1st matters. Don’t wait until that date to pull yourself back and try to heal the errors of your ways. Try now to settle into a routine that will take you gracefully into the holidays.
Some things that really work;
– Make sure you start with an amazing breakfast. For me it is a green smoothie. For some others it could be a bit of protein with fruit and veggies. Whatever you choose, make sure you stay away from the cereals, yogurts, granola bars and pop tarts. Yes, they may be easier to get your hands on, but the price to pay is quite high.
– Hydrate! The cheapest and most effective way to stay balanced.
– Carry snacks – never leave home without them.
– Have a great supplement program. Are you taking probiotics, enzymes, multi’s and D’s?
– Get enough sleep.
– Chew your food!!! Digestion starts in the mouth.
– Schedule shopping now so you don’t stress over last minute details.
– Stay away from the holiday treats. They are beautiful, for sure, but they are toxic. Sugar wrapped in pretty packages is still sugar!
Be well and please take care of yourselves.